- Jennifer Garner eats plenty of protein in the morning to stay satiated and help nix daily cravings.
- She works with celebrity nutritionist Kelly Leveque, who advises clients to start their day with protein, including her “Fab Four” smoothies or eggs.
- Jennifer created her own go-to smoothie recipe that includes collagen protein powder, almond butter, spinach, blueberries, and almond milk.
How does Jennifer Garner kick off her day to live her absolute best life? With protein…and lots of it. Her nutritionist, Kelly LeVeque, is all about eating a protein-packed breakfast to curb cravings and keep her clients satiated all day long.
“The majority of research shows that [protein is] what helps to regulate hunger hormones,”Leveque told Women’s Health. (BTW her client roster also includes Emmy Rossum, Jessica Alba, Molly Sims, and many more.) “If you get enough protein to start your day, people eat less throughout the day have less food anxiety and less cravings.”
One of Jennifer’s go-to breakfasts is Leveque’s signature “Fab Four” smoothie, which contains 20 grams of protein. Jen’s take on the protein-packed smoothie is so delish, Kelly compares this recipe to a cookies ‘n’ cream Blizzard.
Jennifer’s Cookies & Cream Fab Four Smoothie (one serving):
- 1 Tbsp collagen protein powder (recommended: chocolate coconut)
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp flax or chia seeds
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- Hemp hearts (optional)
Directions: Place all ingredients (except the hemp hearts) into a high-powered blender and blend to desired consistency. (If you want to use fresh blueberries, add a few ice cubes to chill the mixture.) Top with hemp hearts, and enjoy.
If you’re not a smoothie fan, Leveque says an egg-based breakfast, like a hard boiled egg, is a solid choice.
So whether you sip Jennifer’s cookies n’ cream smoothie or grab an egg in the a.m., expect to feel satisfied and craving-free until lunch time.
Source: Read Full Article