Ingredients for 4 servings (16 pieces)
For the Gyoza
- 240 g wholemeal spelt flour for the work surface
- 100 ml of boiling-hot water
- 60 ml cold water
- ½ TSP crystal salt
For the filling
- 80 g of Shiitake cut into thin strips
- 100 g Savoy cabbage (Wirz) – remove the stem and into 3-cm strips cut
- 100 g potatoes, mealy – wash, grob roll the dice and with 50 ml of water, puree
- 50 g glass noodles – 10 Min. soak in water
- 20 g celery – finely chop
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 2 TBSP peanut oil (for filling) 2 TBSP (for Frying the dumplings)
- 1 TSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP finely grated ginger
- 3 TABLESPOONS Tamari (soy sauce) – 3 TABLESPOONS of water and mix
- Crystal salt
- Pepper from the mill
For the Dip
- 9 TBSP of water
- 6 TABLESPOONS Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 4 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 ½ TSP Xylitol
- 2 Pinches Of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TBSP finely chopped coriander
Preparation time 25 minutes cooking/baking time about 15 minutes
Mix the flour with the salt in a bowl, briefly mix and then a little less than half of them (about 40 %) in a second bowl.
The flour in the first bowl with the boiling-hot water to pour over, using a wooden spoon, stirring constantly. The flour in the second bowl with the cold water pour over and with the hands mix. This procedure causes the dumplings are neither too tight nor too soft. Then both of the bowls with a cloth cover and 20 Min. in the kitchen, let it rest. After the resting time, the two batters together and mix by Hand, again knead.
For the filling 2 TABLESPOONS peanut oil in a frying pan and Shiitake, celery, Savoy cabbage and ginger about 2 Min. sear. With the Tamari-water mixture to deglaze, season with salt and pepper and about 3 Min. simmer. Then the mashed potatoes, the noodles of glass and the sesame oil, mix in, bring to a boil and season to taste. The filling from the stove and let it cool.
For the Dip mix all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and set aside.
Place the dough on a lightly floured surface roll out thinly and using a cookie Cutter-Ring (approx. 11 cm Dia) circles cut out. Then about 1 TBSP of the filling in the middle and the circles carefully with index finger and thumb press together.
Subsequently, a high pan half fill with water, bring to a boil and the dumplings covered in it 7 – 8 Min. simmer.
Then drain the water and put the pan again with 2 TBSP of peanut oil and heat. The pastry only on the bottom (!) Approx. 3 Min. fry until Golden brown.
The Gyoza on a plate and serve with the Dip and serve.
Nutritional values per Serving
- Calories: 292 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Fat: 8 g