Some diseases are incurable, and not to influence by your own lifestyle. Others, however, will. Let us guide you through proper nutrition to prevent or, if already arisen, at least alleviate. Diet physician Matthias Riedl explains what they are and which foods are particularly recommended.
What we eat, and what not, has significant influence on our health. The majority of people are now aware of. However, diet can prevent diseases or even cure? "Ja", diet physician Matthias Riedl writes in his book "Welfare Ernährung". For FOCUS Online, he has summed up the Top 3 foods for the most common diseases.
Atherosclerosis is due to medication not curable. Through the arteries, our blood is redirected in all the tissues, muscles and organs. Can calcify in the course of the natural ageing process.
However, an unfavorable life style can accelerate the atherosclerosis and worsen. Blood fat, connective tissue and white blood cells to the vessel walls to accumulate. These Plaques are deposited on the innermost of the three layers of an artery consists. In adulthood, blood components and blood platelets can occur. These deposits (atherosclerotic Plaques) can detect a surgeon in a procedure with the naked eye.
What can help:
2. High blood pressure
In the case of high blood pressure (hypertension) can be permanently measured to high blood pressure values. This is based on the fact that at each heart beat the blood out of the heart into the blood vessels is pumped. In this case, the blood exerts interior pressure on the walls of the vessel.
Depending on the heart action, there are two blood pressure values:
- Systolic blood pressure: He arises in the Phase in which the heart contracts (Systole). Blood is pumped from the heart into the main artery (Aorta). The resulting pressure wave continues through the vascular walls of the arteries. Thus, a pulse wave is also in the extremities to measure.
- Diastolic blood pressure: the diastolic stretch of the heart muscle, itself again with blood to fill. In the vessels, a pressure that is lower than the systolic blood pressure. Every people in the blood is subject to pressure certain fluctuations. So excitement and physical exertion can increase blood pressure, while it can be in rest or sleep is significantly lower.
These blood pressure fluctuations are normal and serve the physical adaptation to the respective Situation. In a Healthy commute, the blood pressure values in normal range. Only when the blood pressure is consistently high, it must be treated. The unit of measurement for blood pressure is mmHg (millimeters of Mercury). Means a measured value of about 126/79 mmHg (i.e. 126 79), that the systolic blood pressure was 126 and the diastolic is 79 mmHg.
Book-Tip: Appropriate Nutrition
from Matthias Riedl, Gräfe & Unzer Publishing House, 216 Pages, 19.99 Euro
As the optimal blood pressure Doctors refer to values of less than 120 mmHg systolic and less than 80 mmHg diastolic. In addition, the following reference ranges for blood pressure: In the case of isolated systolic hypertension is a systolic high blood pressure. The diastolic blood pressure is lowered against it.
The cause of such a malfunction of the heart valves. High blood pressure can damage to the duration of the arteries, heart, brain and kidneys.
This can trigger life-threatening diseases:
- Atherosclerosis (in Western countries the most common cause of death)
- coronary heart disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart attack
- vascular dementia
- chronic renal failure (it leads to the Gallop of the hardening of the arteries)
- peripheral arterial disease
- as well as damage to the retina with declining visual acuity and defects of the visual field
What can help:
- Hibiscus: studies have shown that if 3 cups of hibiscus tea per day to drink, may, within 6 weeks his blood pressure is measurably lower. The trigger contained in the anthocyanins are.
- Beets: The beetroot is the blood pressure as well lowering medications. 500 ml of Beetroot juice, according to recent studies, is particularly effective.
- Pineapple: tropical fruit is rich in Vitamin A, C and E as well as Magnesium and zinc. Your blood pressure lowering effect it has due to the contained salicylic acid, which thins the blood.
Often dementia in older age begins, which is why one also speaks of old-age dementia. In rare cases, they can also develop in young people. However, women are significantly more frequently affected than men: Almost 70 percent of all Sufferers are female.
A dementia is present if, in addition to an impaired memory of at least one of the following characteristics:
- Problems, language Express (aphasia).
- The ability to execute motor activities is impaired.
- The detection and Recognition of objects is impossible.
- A fault in the execution of actions necessary Brain functions (Executive functions) such as planning, organization, compliance of sequences is available.
In the brains of patients characteristic protein increases the number of deposits. This is a deposits (known as senile Plaques) of Protein fragments (Beta-Amyloid peptides). On the other, there are fiber-shaped deposits, called neurofibrillary tangles are bundles of abnormal, verklumptem protein (Tau-proteins with attached phosphate groups).
In addition, the concentrations of certain neurotransmitters (acetylcholine and glutamate) are changing. In the brain there is a lack of energy, and it is no longer able to provide adequate glucose to be incorporated.
What can help:
- Fish: Oily fish is especially healthy. Tuna is the absolute frontrunner among the Omega-3 fatty acid-supplier, closely followed by herring and mackerel. The best fish from sustainable fisheries.
- Linseed oil: studies have shown that the mental performance and a higher intake of Omega 3 fatty acids (e.g. fish oil capsules) better section. Alternatively, a tablespoon of Flaxseed oil per day provides.
- Cocoa: A study conducted by the Harvard Medical School showed that consumption of 2 cups of dark cocoa, blood flow in the brain and, in particular, in the memory area of the Hippocampus increases.